Maintenance Service Coverage is a Break-Fix service which is provided to return the Customer’s Equipment to good working order. This coverage does not ensure uninterrupted operation of the Customer’s Equipment. Service is not available in all locations and not all levels of service are available for all printer models in all locations.
Depot Warranty Service
This is the standard warranty that comes with ST products (except our MFP laser products). It means that the product must be returned to our depot center for repair. The cost to send the product for warranty service – postage, insurance or shipping – is the responsibility of the customer. Once we receive the failed unit, we will repair it within 5 days and return it to the customer via ground freight. The coverage for this service is up to 1 year from the ship date.
Overnight Replacement Express Exchange Service (ONR)
This service level may require an upgraded Service Level Agreement (SLA) and is available on select products. ST will arrange for the delivery of a replacement Product to the Customer site via overnight courier service.
- If we receive the call before 3 PM EST, we will send the replacement product out the same day and it will arrive following business day.
- If we receive the call after 3 PM EST, we will ship the product the following day and it will arrive the second business day after the call was placed.
- It is the customer’s responsibility to send the original, warranty-covered product back to Source Technologies. If we do not receive the product within a timely manner, we will invoice you for the replacement product.
Next Business Day Onsite Service (NBD)
This service level may require an upgraded Service Level Agreement (SLA). This service level is the standard warranty offering for payment kiosks and multi-function laser printers.
- If we receive the call before 3 PM EST, we will dispatch a technician and parts the next business day (Monday – Friday, 8 AM – 5 PM EST). Next business day service will generally be provided within the contracted on-site response time, if the call is dispatched by 3 PM EST, provided the service location is within a 50 mile radius of an Authorized Service Center (ASC). For each of the following conditions, add one (1) business day to the contracted Onsite response time: 1) Service locations beyond 50 miles from ASC; 2) Call received after 3 PM EST; 3) Service in Hawaii and Alaska.
- If we receive the call after 3 PM EST, the technician will respond within two business days.
Timing of the on-site visit can be affected by parts availability and delivery, as the service technician may have to wait for the recommended parts to arrive. Further “hands-on” diagnosis may be required by the technician and additional parts may have to be ordered before the product is “fixed”. All travel, parts, and labor costs are covered. Consumable items are not covered.
For Products Not Under a Service Level
For an existing installed Product not under coverage to be eligible for service, the Product must be fully operational at the time such Product is placed under a maintenance contract. If, in reasonable, good faith judgment, a Product appears not to be operational, per specifications, ST may perform an onsite inspection of the Product with approval from Customer as a condition of acceptance.
- ST may perform the inspection as a billable service and Customer will be invoiced at ST’s applicable time & material rate of $195 per hour with a minimum charge of two (2) hours per inspection.
If Customer requires maintenance service that must be provided outside normal working hours, charges for such service will not be covered as part of the service contract charges and such services will be billed at ST’s current hourly rates of $195 per hour (portal-to-portal) with a minimum charge of two (2) hours per call.