Yes. A poor quality paper interferes with the adhesion of toner and can lead to lower quality MICR documents.
The following are paper guidelines we recommend to our customers:
- 24 lb. bond paper with a taber M.D. 2.5 and C.D. 1.1 minimum
- Rougher surfaces within the base printer’s specifications for best toner fusing
- Left to right grain direction
- Micro-Perf (20 or more cuts per inch) perforations
- A moisture content between 4.7% and 5.5%
- Paper-based security features such as void pantographs and laid lines